Wednesday 7 May 2014

My Comment on St Anne's Politicians

This post updated: 14 May 2014

My view on what the local St Anne's (Colchester) politicians are doing is that I haven't seen them do anything regarding the 'Colchester Fringe' proposals, apart from deliver leaflets containing nothing of substance (in my opinion), and pose for photos!

They are saying that they are fighting for the residents regarding the Colchester Fringe proposals, but I've seen nothing siginificant being done!

The 'A-2' document from the Tendring Local Plan Committe Meeting Agenda of 13 May 2014 does not list any objection received in January 2014 from St Anne's politicians! (There is one from St. John's - from Cllr. Ray Gamble.)

I think the St Anne's politicians should be following the councils' proposals and organising residents' responses.

Our MP has made an objection to Tendring Council, but so have some of the residents. The other concerns about land purchases he raised in the House of Commons, I think are a red herring.

This situation seems to me to be counter-productive because people will be less likely to send objections to Tendring Council themselves, if they have been given the impression that their local politicians are handling the issue.

Regards
James
Colchester East Action Group (CHEAG)

No comments:

Post a Comment